In 1989, Guido Van Rossum (In Picture below) was working on Amoeba, a microkernel-based distributed system, for which he was developing system utilities. Guido is the main creator of the language.
Until 2018, he also served as the BDFL (benevolent dictator for life) of Python, impacting decisions made to the language changes and updates. While working on them, Guido realized that developing in C takes too much time. He decided to spend his free time building a language that would help him accomplish his work faster.
He had an idea of a scripting language that would be somewhere between C and a shell script: interpreted, but much more easily programmable and readable than shell scripts.
As you probably have guessed, that language turned out to be Python.
A fun fact: Python is not named after the snake species, but after the British surreal comedy troupe Monty Python.
- Python works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc).
- Python has a simple syntax similar to the English language.
- Python has syntax that allows developers to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages.
- Python runs on an interpreter system, meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written. This means that prototyping can be very quick.
- Python can be treated in a procedural way, an object-oriented way or a functional way.
Usage of Python
- Python is a general purpose, open source, high-level programming language and also provides number of libraries and frameworks. Python has gained popularity because of its simplicity, easy syntax and user-friendly environment. The usage of Python as follows.
- Desktop Applications
- Web Applications
- Data science
- Artificial learning
- Machine learning
- Scientific Computing
- Internet of Things(IoT)
- Mobile Apps
- Data Analysis and Preprocessing
Why Python Programming Language Has Bright Future?
- Python has been voted as most favorite programming language beating C, C++ and java programming. Python programming is open source programming language and used to develop almost every kind of application.
- Python is being used worldwide as a wide range of application development and system development programming language. Big brands and search engine giants are using python programming to make their task easier. Google, Yahoo, Quora, Facebook are using python programming to solve their complex programming problems.
- Python programming is versatile, robust and comprehensive. Python is high-level programming language and easy to learn as well as it reduces the coding effort compare to other programming languages.
- Python programming is used to write test scripts and tests mobile devices performance. It is one of the most versatile languages these days. Python programmers are most demandable in the IT industry these days and get paid more compared to another language programmer.