Behat is a open source BDD tool. With BDD, you write human-readable stories that describe the behaviour of your application. These stories can then be auto-tested against your application.
Some key points about Behat:
- Behat was inspired by Ruby's Cucumber project. Philosophies are one and the same. Since v3.0, Behat is considered an official Cucumber implementation in PHP and is part of one big family of BDD tools.
- Behat is just supported by PHP.
- Behat can also be extended by writing custom PHP functions.
- Behat was developed for BA, QA and developers, so as to bridge the gap between business stakeholders and the development team.
- Behat helps completely achieve the client requirements because it works according to the Acceptance Criteria of the project.
- Behat Features and Scenarios are written in Gherkin Language.
- Behat support Mink and Drupal Extension.